VEGAN: An Eggplant Tomato Bialy Sandwich You Will Want Over And Over Again
A sandwich recipe every party or event should have.
I love having sandwiches as they as easy as pie in making. They save me so much time when I get too tight up with my schedule especially when I have unexpected work to do at home and for my family. And this happens as well when we have planned parties but I only have myself to prepare all the food to serve. Yes, it is stressful but thankfully, there are recipes that are so easy to make.
Now, this sandwich recipe here is one of them. You can never go wrong in serving sandwiches for parties, small events or even for snacks with the family. They will always be a complete life saver. Given, the right ingredients and the right recipe, you can whip up something praise-worthy.
The eggplant in these sandwiches are great alternatives fro any meat product. So your non-vegan guests can enjoy a great tasting and healthy sandwich whenever you invite them over. They will probably even ask for the recipe after they take a bite. Try it out and tell me what you think.
Check the recipe below.
Eggplant Tomato Bialy Sandwich
Eggplant – 1 small. Needs to be sliced into rounds & salted.
Heirloom Tomato – 1. Needs to be sliced.
Red lettuce – a handful
Bialys – 2
A portion of mustard (preferably whole grain)
- Turn on the oven & heat to around 425°f/220°c
- Add a baking sheet to your baking tray & cover lightly with olive oil.
- Salt the eggplant, slice it & place onto the baking sheet. Once in place cover the eggplant with a further light coating of olive oil.
- Bake for roughly 10-15 minutes, checking back regularly. The aim is to have the eggplant soft & golden. Once they are at that stage, remove from oven.
While it’s baking:
- Slice your tomatoes, prep your lettuce and cut your buns.
- During the last 2 minutes place the Bialy rolls, face (cut side) down, into the oven to warm.
- Remove everything from the oven.
- Add a generous, but even, spread of mustard to both sides of the roll.
- Layer a few slices of roasted eggplant, 3 slices of tomato and lettuce onto the bottom half of of the Bialy & then top with the other half of the roll.
- Repeat the process for the second Bialy.
A very big thank you to sundaymorningbananapancakes.yummly.com for this great recipe.