[VIDEO] VEGAN: Best Vegan Breakfast Burrito
Change up your regular breakfast routine with this recipe.
This is one way to play around with different ingredients. This is the chance you can make do with whatever you have in your fridge or whatever you are craving for on that day.
It may seem that you will be using leftovers most of the time but, would you just want to throw away some of the ingredients stuck up in your fridge away, or use them up, right? But you don’t have them, they are all very easy to find ingredients in the nearest grocery or supermarket.
It is also one of the best ways to shake up your breakfast routine. So try it out and tell me what you think.
Best Vegan Breakfast Burrito
3 table spons of The Vegg Vegan Scramble
¾ cup soy milk. Unsweetened & high protein variety works best.
1 tsp The Vegg Yolk
¼ cup water
1 can of black beans
3 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
1 cup of your favourite vegan meat, chopped
½ cup cup vegan shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
Your favourite salsa
Hot sauce, optional
4 large soft flour tortillas
Heat a cast iron pan over medium high heat.
Wash & dry your jalapeño peppers and place on the pan.
Cook for about 3-5 minutes on each side, until you get a nice char.
When all 4 sides are cooked, remove from heat, place onto a cutting board and finely chop.
Set aside until all burrito elements are completed.
- Drain the beans and place them into a saucepan & heat at a medium/high temperature.
- Add the taco seasoning to and mix in.
- Once the beans are cooked, gently mash them using a potato masher (or a fork). Aim for a mix of 50% mashed and 50% whole.
- Keep them beans warm until you are ready to build your burrito.
- Heat a non-stick pan for around 3 minutes until at a medium/high heat. Do not add any oil – we want a dry pan.
- Blend The Vegg Vegan Egg Yolk with water until well combined and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk The Vegg Scramble Mix with unsweetened soy milk for about 30 seconds until it froths up.
- Pour The Vegg Scramble mixture onto the heated pan and turn down heat to medium-low.
- Cook for roughly 10 minutes until it begins to look like a firm curd.
- Pour the The Vegg Vegan Yolk on top of the now curded mixture and mix.
- Cook until desired consistency is reached, about 5 more minutes.
- When desired consistency is reached sprinkle on some of your vegan cheese, and vegan deli meat, and cook until cheese has melted, and the deli meat is warmed and slightly crispy.
- Remove from heat.
Build the Burrito
Heat a dry skillet over medium-high heat.
Sprinkle some vegan cheese onto each tortilla.
Top with a couple spoonfuls of beans, and line with some sliced avocado.
Layer on some salsa and a layer of vegan scrambled eggs.
Top with chopped jalapeños and cilantro and season, to taste, with hot sauce.
Roll up burrito-style.
Place the burrito onto the dry hot skillet and cook both sides and the ends until slightly toasted. This will help your burrito stay together!
Watch the full recipe video below.